This two bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment consists of a large open plan living/kitchen area with doors opening up onto a spacious terrace that extends the entire width of our residence.
Located only an hour north of Sydney at the Hawkesbury River Marina which can be accessed either by road or via train which stops at the Hawkesbury River Station literally three minutes walk away. From here you have direct access to boating facilities.
Brooklyn is a warm and welcoming community, it’s only small but big enough to offer the essentials. The staff at the local pub are friendly and serve up some great food. Live music on the weekends makes it a great place to visit. The “Deli” is a unique dining place with a courtyard area offering fresh deli items and sit-down meals. The Coffee Shop in town sells an amazing array of cakes and sweets perfect for the sweet cravings.
Things to do and services available:
- Hawkesbury River Postman Boat which stops right out the front offers $45 lunch cruise at 10am and 1pm daily.
- Nearby Dangar Island has a bowling club and cafe which is open from Thursday to Sunday. Just a short 15-minute ferry ride.
- One of the great things you might also like to do is look at the indigenous carvings on Dangar which date back about 18,000 years. There are also indigenous flora and fauna which are native to the island itself.
- The ‘Estuary’, a short drive away is great for dinners and lunches and open Wednesday – Saturday.
- A chef can be provided on request and additional cost; plus catered platters are also available upon request.
The apartment is a 5-minute walk from the Hawkesbury River train station and approximately 1 hour by train from Central Railway Station.
Brooklyn Ferry is available to travel between Dangar Island, Wobby and return. Riverboat Postman is an experiential history tour of the Hawkesbury River as the boat delivers mail to outposts and remote homes located on the river.